Sunday, March 22, 2009

Here's a Request and Tip of the Day

Hi Stampers! I've missed posting the past few days. I was wondering how I would handle my Stampin' Up! business and blogging once spring arrived. So far, outdoors is winning!! Actually, that not true, I helped host a big scrapbook workshop last night and so the past few days have also been spent getting ready for that along with planting seeds, etc.
.
Last night one of my friends requested that I post this card so she can make it at home. This was part of my fall workshops. So here you go Dana!!
Here are the supplies I used, if you want to make it at home:

card stock: baja breeze (retired, substitute another blue such as bordering), old olive, whisper white

stamps: heartfelt thanks, close as a memory

ink: old olive, rose red, versa mark

accessories: hemp twine

I hope that you are enjoying these first days of spring as well. We plan on cooking over the fire pit tonight complete with s'mores. Which brings me to the:

Tip of the Day: Since the process of s'mores can be messy, you can make it easier by using chocolate-coated cookies. We use the fudge stripes kind. Just toast the marshmallow and squish between two cookies. They come in a plastic tray so it's easy for 3 kids to be grabbing at once. ;) No having to open chocolate bar wrappers and graham cracker packs with sticky fingers!!

.

As always, if you need any supplies to make the card above feel free to email me at tasha_hickert-consulting@yahoo.com or you can order directly by clicking the catalog in the upper right corner.

Thanks for stopping by! Tasha

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like the smores tip! My husband has a campout next week and I'm going to tell him this!
Your card is lovely. I love old olive and rose red together. I think they are a match made in heaven!

Eugene said...

You're a baker too, Tasha? Sounds good to me but I prefer your touching sympathy card. More "heavenly" than s'mores! Lol
Cool cardin',
Eugene

Emily said...

Hey girl, I love the colors and I also love somres, what a great idea!!!! It will be great for the boat club!!

Janna said...

This is adorable Tasha! I love the tearing, adds so much texture and the beautiful layout! So spring like! The coloring is beautiful and the twine made to look like it is tying them together is a great idea!

Smiles,
janna

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tasha! Love the colors. I cant wait to make some. Emily from work used the same set and made a beautiful card that we gave to a coworker that lost her mother in law. Thanks again and love the projects.
Dana