Sunday, March 29, 2009

An Egg-cellent Easter

Hi Stampers! I took a little time to play with my new Easter set, An Egg-cellent Easter. This card is 3x3 and perfect for tucking in a gift or Easter basket.
This basket below I created from a 6x8-3/4" piece of so saffron cardstock. Very economical and quick to make! Notice I used thin strips of the matching cardstock and ran through the paper crimper to create my basket filler.


Coloring tip: to make the bunny stand out, I used the barely banana marker just below the black lines, kind of like a shadow.
To make the subtle background I stamped the hanging egg using summer sun.
Here's what I used if you want to make these at home. All products are Stampin Up! and can be ordered directly by clicking on the catalog in the upper right corner.
stamp set: An Egg-cellent Easter (113196)
cardstock: so saffron, lavender lace, certainly celery, whisper white
ink: certainly celery, bashful blue, pretty in pink (for sponging edges), so saffron, black Staz-On and Stamp 'n Write Markers in certainly celery, pretty in pink, lavender lace, barely banana, bashful blue
accessories: eyelet border (113692), celery twill ribbon (free from SAB), paper crimper
And remember, that Easter set can be ordered today, you do not have to wait for the spring mini-catalog release.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Tasha









5 comments:

Chris said...

Wonderful card Tasha, that bunny is gorgeous and I love the little basket you made too, it's the most perfect gift for Easter. Chris :)

Eugene said...

Looks like you're on a roll, Tasha. Egg roll! Lol. Lots of fun-looking work there, heightened by bright color and neat design. Looking forward to May's COTM already!
Cool cardin',
Eugene

Emily said...

I love the little bunny card and the use of the eggs...simple and cute!!

Rebecca said...

These are great Easter cards! I love the shadowing you did with the yellow marker! It looks fantastic. Now if we could all just have some good Easter bunny weather!

Janna said...

Tasha these are fantastic! You are right that little card would be perfect in an easter basket and I love that you created your own!! That eggs look great hanging down, reminds me of the eater trees and the image of the bunny juglling the eggs is just so fun!

Smiles,
janna