Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Can You Spell E-x-c-i-t-e-m-e-n-t?

Can you feel the buzz? Computers all across the U.S. are busy getting updated. If you try to visit my business page before 1:00pm you may have trouble getting there. Same with the Stampin' Up! Main site. Why, you ask?

The 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog goes live today!! All those sneak peeks can now be yours--at least after 1.

It's also the start of a new month so that means my newsletter is out. Didn't get one? Just add your email address to the sign up box on the upper left part of the blog to start. My card idea for today uses a technique that is shown in this month's newsletter.



To make this card,

  • follow the steps for the weathered wood (July 2009 newsletter)
  • trim piece to 4"x5-1/4", and attach to very vanilla card base
  • cut a piece of twill tape 4-1/4" long, dab with crushed curry and soft suede stamp pads, and attach to card front
  • stamp the wheat from Autumns Days in crushed curry on so saffron
  • stamp sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes in soft suede
  • trim image piece to about 1-3/4"x 2-1/2" and sponge edges with soft suede
  • cut a piece of close to cocoa 2"x2-3/4", distress edges and mount behind image
  • attach image piece to cardstock with Stampin' Dimensionals
  • finish with a mini library clip

Contact me if you don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like a catalog. (It's awesome!) And if you're ready to order you can do that directly through my business site or by emailing me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! Tasha

PS There are some fun things offered through Stampin' Up! this summer...stayed tuned. Or subscribe to my newsletter for quicker info!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

We have a playdate this afternoon, right at the "release time." So I'm hoping by the time we get back that they'll have any online kinks ironed out. We shall see. I am really starting to enjoy the new colors from what I've seen. I like that people can make them very summery, or turn them to autumn projects, too.

Eugene said...

Card fits me to a tee, Tasha, "happy retirement". Also, "worn" like the aged wood you effected so well. Am not as colorful though. Lol. Congrats!
Cool cardin',
Eugne