Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Animal Gift Box

Instead of a card today, I have a gift packaging idea. Well, technically, there is a card since it includes a gift card.

The stamping is very basic. You may not always want to make an elaborate card, or sometimes you simply don't have time. But this shows you that a few minutes of simple stamping and punching can still make a gift special.

The box is 4x4 square by about 3-3/4" high. I jumped over to splitcoaststampers for my color palette. Today's color challenge is:

  • so saffron-- used in cardstock and ribbon
  • kraft--makes up the box, tag back, and card base
  • not quite navy*--ink, cardstock layering

*actually supposed to be Night of Navy but I forgot by the time I got downstairs!

The decorative edge, created by the eyelet border punch, shows up even more when lined with a contrasting color.

The quick way to get everything to stay securely is sticky strip. I went through so many rolls before Christmas!!

  • stamps used are the new Animal Stories and Teeny Tiny Wishes, both available to order starting on Wed. July 1 at noon.

Thanks for stopping by today! Tasha

Don't miss the catalog kick-off party next Monday at My Stamping Place!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I really love the border punch with the blue behind it. It definitely makes it pop. I'm excited to get a glimpse of the catalog later today.