Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Independence Weekend

These festive treats will go with us to a picnic tonight. Aren't those Kisses cool? I hadn't seen them before (of course, I don't get out much) but in case you're looking, I found them at K-Mart. Once I saw them, I knew instantly they needed a box with star "windows".These Hershey bar wrappers are quick to make. This idea came from Dawn at her Stamping with Dawn site. They fit the snack size.
  • whisper white cardstock cut 3"x 3-3/4", scored at 1", 1-1/4", 2-1/2",2-3/4" on the long side
  • blue square is 3/4", stripes are 3" by 1/8" (yes, tiny), trim ends after gluing on
  • I fully intended to dot the blue with a white gel pen and add a star punched with the small star punch but those items are hiding from me together somewhere
  • finish with 2-way glue pen and irridescent ice glitter on the white parts (correction: the glitter is Dazzling Diamonds, Irr. Ice is embossing powder and that would be way to much work for these!)

The box goes together quickly, too!

  • measures 4"x4"x1", so I started with a 6"x11" piece
  • be sure to stamp and punch and adhere window sheet before assembling box!
  • stars are stamped in white craft ink using the stamp from Just Jawing
  • star windows are simply punched with Stampin' Up!s star punch

And the last cool tip I have to share is an article over at http://www.pcworld.com/ . This a very good article on photographing fireworks with most any kind of camera. The link is below. (Photo by foxypar4.)

Photographing Fireworks, Step by Step

(Photo by stage88.)

Have a great and safe holiday!!
Thanks for stopping by! Tasha



  • Open House Monday night--don't miss it! For those too far to drive I'll have some fun things right here for you. 6:30-8:30 July 6th.
  • you might want to join Follow My Blog since my posts have been getting on at all different hours, I hate for you to waste a visit! There are a couple options in the left sidebar that you can choose from.

2 comments:

Danni said...

What a fun project!!

Rebecca said...

I love these patriotic projects. They look awesome. I've never seen the star-wrapped kisses, either. They are cool!