Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Football Day!

Thursdays are football day at our house. We used to prepare the night before, but now that Wednesday activities have resumed at church, Thursday mornings can be quite a rush. This morning we couldn't find the white jersey--thank goodness my DS is old enough to remember what color to wear since I can't! For those not in sports they wear white when they are away and team color when they are at home except today they are playing in town but at a different school so it still counts as away.
.
I fielded the first call yesterday about my school fundraiser workshop. Yea! At least I know someone read the flyer! And now that those are out, I have a little more time to focus on other things so I made a card for last Saturday's sketch from Lauren M. If you want to play along the keyword is mytimess08 if you post it anywhere.

Colors for this card are certainly celery, tempting turqoise, blush blossom, and cameo coral. I used the stamp set Live Like You Mean It (borrowed from the neighbor) because I thought it was perfect for this challenge.
.
Oh, you have to check Heather's (the neighbor) blog today! She posted some cool punch projects. We just love that tab punch. Plus she has some blog candy if you're the right number.
.
And I promised to show a few of the birthday cards from my Everyday Card Kit that is being offered at the Christmas card workshops. I used the rainbow sherbet dsp so the palette is tempting turquoise, green galore, apricot appeal, and certainly celery.
These first two use the Party Hearty set which I think is going to be one of my favorites!


And this last card uses Bugs and Kisses and Garden Whimsy.
All of the cards are quite simple to make since the participants will be making 20 cards total and some may have no previous experience.
.
Well I hope you have a great day! Thanks for stopping.
Till next time, Tasha

2 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Very Cool, both the challenge and the workshop cards! The colors are good together!

Those Pumpkin and Apple Punches could be used as little gifts as well super easy to make and done in like 4-5 min.

Heather

Emily said...

very cute, I need to get a flyer
em