Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ten Day Whirlwind

It's been about 10 days since I last posted. But I have been stamping so at least I have some "show and tell" today! The Christmas/holiday card workshops I am doing went live Sunday. Since this is my first time, the launch has been rather time-consuming. Thanks so much to my neighbor for her help making some of the sample cards and also for loaning me so many supplies!
.
Oh, yeah, I am also a bona fide Stampin' Up! demonstrator now so if you need something and don't currently have a demonstrator I would love to help you out. You can purchase anything in the catalog (you can purchase the catalog, too!) from me at my business site.
.
On the non-stamping side of life, my DH's parents came to visit last Thursday and were able to stay until Monday. They based the visit around getting to one of my DS's football games. Luckily, the weather was beautiful and they won 36-0! Actually the weather was beautiful the whole weekend so we got to have a fire in the fire pit one night and just enjoy being home. It was pouring rain on Monday when they left and we were thankful the good weather held as long as it did.
.
So back to stamping: Here are a couple cards from the "Everyday Card Kit" which is available at my workshops for those who don't want to make holiday cards. I am still working on figuring out an online version, but right now this workshop is only available locally.
This "friend card" is done in rose red, glorious green, and black. I used the Floral background stamp with versa-mark, heat and stick powder, and the red cosmo glitter. It is awesome in person! The image flower is from Heartfelt Thanks, and the greeting from Absolutely Fabulous. It says "you're absolutely fabulous" on the outside and "really, you are!" on the inside. All suppies except the staple are Stampin' Up! It is a 3"x6" card.
This thank you card uses rose red, old olive, certainly celery, pretty in pink, regal rose inks (markers actually). Cardstock is whisper white, rose red, and pirouette pink. The background is from Basic Backgrounds, flower and word from Heartfelt Thanks. The background stamp is also on the pink with versa-mark.
This card is simply a different take on the card above. Same everything except leaf colors are old olive and glorious green.
This card uses colors I would not normally put together but they are used in the green tea designer series paper that I like so I gave it a shot! Colors are baja breeze, old olive, whisper white, and rose red. Stamps are from Close As A Memory.
.
A little tip for anyone new to stamping....get the marker set. That is one of the best things I ever did. I can make all kinds of cards and I truly only have about 4 stamp pads. Here are the "must have" pads:
  • Versa Mark --this can be used on most card stock and the image stamps about a shade darker than the cardstock so it looks like a watermark. It also works for embossing.
  • Staz On black--this permanent pad doesn't run when watercoloring. If you can only get 1 black, get this one.

Well, that's it for today! I'll share some of the birthday cards from the Everyday Cards tomorrow.

.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!

Tasha

1 comment:

Heather Schlatter said...

Emily and I are on the phone going to all the blogs. We are very glad you have a new post after checking every day for 10 days!!!! ha ha ha. We both check it every day! I love the new cards! Can not wait until the replies start rolling in!