Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Variation on a Theme

Today started out with DH leaving to go duck hunting at 5:30am and waking up DD who then asked if I could rub her tummy and could she lay with me. Her tummy has been hurting off and on for 3 days so I didn't panic. But at 6 she was throwing up so by 9 I was cleaning our bedroom carpet after getting the boys off to school and taking care of the dogs, chickens, and fish. Oh yeah, and it is cold (41) and raining.

.

In the midst of all that I did a little stamping! I really like one of the cards from yesterday and so I made it 3 more times, each slightly different.
The bright green one upper left was the original. The set is Eastern Blooms and words from Functional Phrases. The flowers all sit on large glue dots so they are raised up.
This one is real red, black, craft, and whisper white. I used the scallop punch and piercing tool. VersaMark for background on red.
This one is old olive, river stone (?), and cameo coral. Tip: hemp twine is too big to stitch with! I had stitching in the upper right but it tore.
The colors here are soft sky, bayou blue, sage shadow, and pumpkin pie plus VersaMark on background. I used paper piercing on the layer.
.
So I hope this gives you a little inspiration to get out your stamps!
Thanks for stopping by, Tasha

1 comment:

Heather Schlatter said...

I love all the colors and the composition of these cards! Would be awesome to demonstrate how to make a quick group of cards using the same type of layout and set with small variations. Good for a Stamp a Stack Class!

Great Job!

Heather