Saturday, May 23, 2009

Patriotic Thanks

Good afternoon! Today's card idea uses the layout from today's Unscripted Sketches. And I think you can tell where the theme stems from!

For the blue bunting, I used the eyelet border and then ran it through the paper crimper. *Be sure to leave the piece a little longer than you want it, since it will shorten when it's crimped.

stamp sets: Matchbox Messages (mini-catalog), Warm Words, Darling Dots (hostess level 1)

cardstock: riding hood red, brilliant blue, whisper white

ink: real red, riding hood red, craft white, white gel pen

tools: star, small star, scallop circle, and eyelet border punches

That's it for me today! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by, Tasha

9 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Very cool Tasha!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I guess we were both going for "stars" :)

Eugene said...

4th of July already, Tasha? Love it. Has "3 cheers for the red white and blue" all over it. Sparkles for sure. Happy Memorial Day till then!
Cool cardin',
Eugene

Beth aka BR-T said...

Brilliant card Tasha, and thanks for the tip on crimping! BR-T

Caryl P said...

Love how you crimped the scalloped edge--just like a banner hangin off a porch! Thanks for joining us again this week.

Jenny said...

Beautiful card!! I also love the crimped edge, I would have never thought of that!

Thanks for playing along with this weeks Unscripted Sketch!!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! The bright, bold colors really are beautiful together. Great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us again! :)

April Hall said...

This is a fabulous card!!!

Rebecca said...

I love that you used the sparkle stamp on this. I'll have to remember that, as I've only ever thought of using it with an engagement type card. Love these colors together, too.

Anonymous said...

Great card! I like how the card opens upwards instead of left to right.