Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ahead of the Game

Hi Stampers! Today's card idea is for a lady's summer birthday or could easily be given for another occasion depending on the message you put inside. I am trying to stay ahead because I do not like making cards at the last minute.
.
I am having a great time with this cocktail set! I used a monotone theme today which is quick and easy with Stampin' Up!s Patterns designer series paper packs. The "drinks" are colored in with an Aquapainter that I inked up from the Stampin' Up! markers. And the rims are sugared with dazzling diamonds glitter! The image panel is sponged with pixie pink and raised with stampin' dimensionals.
The layout came from splitcoaststampers sketch challenge #229.
.
Best thing about the card? I earned this set and the paper pack free during sale-a-bration. Want to know how you can get a discount on all your supplies and even get them for free? Send me an email with your phone number and I will give you all the juicy details!
.
Stampin' Up! supplies for this card:
stamp set: Cheers To You
cardstock: Whisper White, Pink Patterns Designer Series Paper, Pink Pirouette
ink: black staz-on, markers--pretty in pink, regal rose, pixie pink
accessory: dazzling diamonds glitter
tools: aquapainter, stampin' sponge
.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Tasha

2 comments:

Janna said...

Tasha this card is just too fun!!!! I love the papers and the great colorign you did on the cocktails! WHat a fantastic idea to put the dazzling diamonds on the rim!!!!!!!! Love thtat idea!!! the sponging around the edges is a great touch as well! Sorry I haven't been out much! You don't even want to see my google reader but I promise I will catch up some day!

Smiles,
janna

Eugene said...

Looks like summer's here, Tasha. Warm colors and layout, so nicely imagined and carried out. Cheers!
Cool cardin',
Eugene