Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chugging Your Way

Hi Stampers! I have a card idea today for the Choo Choo set from the Stampin Up! mini-catalog. This 5-1/2"x4-1/4" pocket card has a pull-out train with birthday message. The back of the insert could be used for party invitation information as well.
.
To make this card, I started with 8-1/2" x 4-1/4" scored at 1-1/2" and 5-1/2". Before assembling, I sponged all the edges with basic black "soot". After stamping and adhering the red piece, I folded down the flap and secured with the ribbon and grommet. Isn't that grommet just perfect for a train card? I love the black metal look. The red insert is 3-3/4 x 5" with the white piece 1/4" smaller. A piece of ribbon folded and secured between the layers forms the pull-out loop. I had enough room to stamp the engine, caboose and 1 car. The ultra-cute set also comes with a coordinating train-track wheel. For this card, however, I used a strip of Going Gray cardstock for the "track". Quick sponging of bashful blue finished off the scene with sky.
.
Stamping Up! supplies for this card:
stamps: Choo Choo
cardstock: kraft, riding hood red, whisper white
ink: versa mark, basic black, old olive, gray (Crayola), bashful blue, riding hood red
accessories: old olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, basic jumbo grommet in black

Have a great day! And thanks for stopping by, Tasha

2 comments:

trudelmj said...

Thank you for sharing! I love that card!

x Marie-Josée Trudel

Rebecca said...

Cute train card! I love the little puffs of smoke, especially!