Seeing that it's Monday, http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/ is the place to get started. Today's sketch looks like this:
Here's how my card came together.
- card is 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 with the base in kraft. The designer series paper Raspberry Tart is cut to leave a 1/4" frame around the edge so together the pieces are 5-1/4"x4". The printed paper is sponged with close to cocoa before mounting on card base.
- the central panel is whisper white that is sponged with close to cocoa, then I ran an Aquapainter over it and then flopped the paper onto the pad directly. The sentiment from Friend to Friend stamp set is stamped in StazOn brown on top along with a few swirls from a retired set.
- the flower image is from Eastern Blooms stamp set (great set) and is stamped in regal rose with a rose red center on whisper white. Of course, it is sponged with close to cocoa.
- I refrained from sponging the twill ribbon though I did fray the ends a bit. On the left I used hemp twine to squeeze the ribbon a bit and tie on the button from the button latte collection.
- because I seemed to get everything a little high up and the bottom seemed so empty I added "just for you" from a set that will be available for order in the new catalog.
Still not sure I like the idea of creating a pretty new card and making it look dirty! Guess I need to work on the technique...or maybe I'll just stick with my clean and "uptight" style!!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! Tasha