Top 5 Benefits of Trees
- Established trees will increase the selling value of a home 15-20%.
- Neighborhoods with trees experience up to a 40% decrease in domestic violence calls.
- The air temperature in the shade of a tree averages 10-degrees cooler than in the sun.
- Pollution reduction--filter the air, slow rainfall reducing erosion, muffle noise.
- Provide a home for birds and other wildlife. Which also benefits us when we get to watch these animals. Who doesn't love seeing squirrels chase up and down a tree?
So if you have a spot--I ask you to plant a tree this spring. It really doesn't take long before the birds come and sit on the branches. Just like on my card for today.This is one of the cards in the May Cards of the Month Club. Those kits start shipping tomorrow and you can join until May 10.
stamps: Great Friend
cardstock: very vanilla, kiwi kiss, baja breeze, brown pattern paper
ink: chocolate chip
tools: sponge, Big Shot with Little Leaves and Birds and Blooms sizzlets and cuttlebug embossing folder
Not in the market for planting trees? You can always donate to your local parks department and many other "green" organizations.
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by! Tasha