Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A quick gift idea for you today! This bookmark was inspired by a card on Beate Johns' blog that used rhinestones on a stamped image. I really liked it and have a similar stamp.
This is a quick project if you need something in a hurry! Using Stampin' Up!'s textured cardstock as the base gives the bookmark a finished look on the back without having to do anything to it.
  • stamp set is Autumn Days
  • inks are the In Colors Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, and Dusty Durango
  • ribbon is Crushed Curry polka-dot grosgrain
  • rhinestone origin is probably Hobby Lobby

I like the way the rhinestones stick on just like the buds on these stems. I stamped most of the images at least twice before re-inking to get a worn/weathered look.
.
I can hardly wait till the UPS man gets here today!! Should be a fun week playing with my new supplies...don't worry I'll share the results.
.
Thanks for stopping by! Tasha

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is very cool!

Sweet Momiji said...

That is so pretty!! I love the rhinestone buds!

You are awesome at stamping!



Momiji

Eugene said...

A pleasant surprise from you, Tasha, like it a lot. "Bling" goes the strings of my heart! Lol,
Cool cardin',
Eugene