Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Travel Gift Box

Can you ever have too much pink? Check out this ensemble--lol! This gift all started with that luggage tag I found at a little boutique. My friend is doing some extra travelling this year due to her mother's health and I thought a cute tag might give her a reason to smile during the trips.
After finding the tag, I knew I would have to make a "suitcase" to put it on. While shopping at a local craft store, I found this polka-dot box and knew it was the perfect gift wrap. This morning I finally buckled down to make the suitcase.

The black straps actually hold it closed with velcro dots. The inside looks like this.

To keep the earrings in their place I just used a piece of basic black cardstock and the crop-o-dile to make my holes.

And, yes, in case you were wondering I did have pink tissue paper to set inside to keep the jewelry from sliding around during shipping!
I got the basic idea from a template I purchased from Becky Roberts. You can see the picture of hers on her blog in the right side bar, called traveling trio.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Tasha


No comments: