Friday, September 19, 2008

Squeezing In One Card

Nothing gets me to clean house like the impending guest visit. Last night before my oldest went
to bed he asked "are the Johnsons coming tomorrow night?" My answer was that the DH had never called them back so I didn't think so. But he replied "yes he did call them, the other night." To which my reply was "WHAT?!!" To fill you in, the Johnsons are a great family--with 6 kids. So I need some prep time if I am going to have them over for dinner. Needless to say I got up and running this morning just in case. At 9 I called them to find out and, whew, they can't come till Sunday. Well, I did my best to do some more housework and laundry but by 2 I couldn't stand it anymore.
.
I looked up today's challenge on SplitCoastStampers and had to play. Today is limited supplies and the title is White Out. The card is to be mainly white with black/gray/brown and one other color--that's it. Accessories are welcome. So here's my quick creation. I embossed birthday balloons on the background with iridescent ice to jazz it up.
Too bad I didn't make a thank you card. I need to send a few out this weekend. That's all the stamping time I get today though, the kids are home and the laundry beckons.
.
Thanks for stopping in! Till next time, Tasha

No comments: